Monday, July 20, 2020

Boot Scootin’ Boogie

The birthday of a good friend is coming up and I made a special card for her. We used to go Line Dancing for many years and really LOVED it. We had so much fun and it was exercise too! We were dedicated; did this for over 10 years and would still be doing it if it wasn’t for the teacher having her hours change at her job. We tried finding other classes to join with no avail unfortunately. But we still have the memories.  Here’s a link to the Music Video of “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” for old time’s sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d05tQrhNMkA

And so I finally pulled out the Stampin’ Up “Bootiful Stamp Set and went to work with the cowboy boot.  I saw a post on Pinterest where the person made fringes for her card and thought that’s a wonderful idea. The person used special scissors to make the fringes. I don’t have such scissors and thought, well I could use my craft knife. But that would take a long time. And then I remembered that I had a Cheery Lynn die that made a flower but it looks like a fringe. (You would roll the die cut and it would become a 3 D flower.). I was so thrilled, I had to get out of bed at 11 o’clock or so and go downstairs and try it out! Found the die and made several fringes. 






It’s always exciting to be able to use your supplies in ways they weren’t intended to be used! 

Well, hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for “stamping” by!
~Anna

2 comments:

  1. How CLEVER! What a great idea - I always love coming across new ways to use what I already have. Thanks for the inspiration! That is such a good looking card design - would be great for a guy card as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! You always have such uplifting messages for me!

      Delete