Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Red Tulips in a Basket

I have been waiting patiently for these tulip dies and they arrived today, (yay!) with a bunch of other goodies (double yay!).  After doing the boring duties that had to get done, I got to sit and play! I've been thinking what color combination I was going to use and decided on red tulips.  They always look so rich.  I also decided to keep it simple with only cream and white for the background and the basket.


The background is a new embossing folder by Crafts Too called lattice.  I added the Cheery Lynn "Dancing Doily Lace" for accents below and above the basket.  And the sentiment was stamped on an Impression Obsession Tag Die.  (The tulips are by Marianne Creatables.)

.
 Here you can see a close up of the different layers and the texture created by the embossing folder.


And for the finishing touches, I added red stickles to the tulips and a bit of crystal stickles to the leaves and stems.

I must say, I am really pleased with the results!  The card is just so darn cute!

Stuck on what to make; check out these and other new dies and embossing folders at the Creative Corner.  Or sign up for the "Spring Flower Class" on Saturday.  Call and reserve your seat today.  You'll go home with lots of inspiration and flowers to give away for just about any occasion.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!
               ~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment