Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Beautiful Christmas Cardinal

Happy Tuesday!
I finished this card for the Christmas card class this past Sunday and finally got around to take a picture of it! 

I just love this beautiful cardinal!  

You know, there are some cards that you finish and you truly love the way it turned out.  Well, this is one of those cards!  I have it sitting on top of the small TV in the kitchen so that I can enjoy it while I have my meals!

Everyone in class loved this card also - it is simple yet very elegant.  The cardinal is just gorgeous and the 3 wings layered onto the body gives it so much depth.   The bit of diamond stickles gives the whole card a pretty sparkle.

Here you can see the detail and depth of the card.  I think I will be making several of these this Christmas.  Even though this is a simple design, it does take a bit of time with all of the cutting and building of the layers, but it is soooo pretty!

Let me know if you would like this cardinal die, as I will be ordering more of them this week.  I want to make sure I get enough and that no one will be left out!

Supplies used:
Dies:  Dee's Distinctively Dies right facing cardinal, Impression Obsession pine branch, Spellbinders floral ovals and classic ovals
Other:  Sizzix snow embossing folder, Diamond stckles, Copic markers

Enjoy the warmer weather!  It'll be cold soon enough!
                          ~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment