Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hazel, the Witch Owl


Hi Everyone,
Today I wanted to put together a Halloween card with the ever so cute, Hazel, the witch owl from A Muse. I also challenged myself to use two different cutting dies, but from totally different sets.

I have to say, I'm very pleased with the outcome. I colored Hazel with Copics and then cut her out with the Classic Scalloped Circles from Spellbinders. I then layered her on an Opened Scalloped Square cut from the European dies. I then ran it through the Big Shot in an embossing folder to get more texture. I also used the same folder for the white background that everything was layered on.

It was fun getting so much texture on the card as well as using different die sets. I know that we tend to always use dies that nest, but as you can see, you can get a whole new look by mixing up the dies. Try it yourself, I think you'll be surprised and like the new looks.

P.S. I just realized that I actually used 3 different die sets. The tag that was stamped with "Wicked" came from the Open Scalloped European rectangle set. So, there you go, 3 different sets. See how many sets you can use in a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment