Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Newspaper Print Images Make it Big this Year

Newspaper print is seen all over the paper crafting world this season.  It is being used in background stamps as well as inside images.  I made two cards today using such stamps from Hero Arts.

This newsprint owl is so very appealing and it is appropriately named, "Big Eyes".  I stamped it in black on kraft card stock and added more color for depth with distress inks (brushed corduroy & vintage photo).


The Tim Holtz  wood grain embossing folder made a perfect background.  I'm also hooked on making the neat looking roses with the Cheery Lynn Cuties dies, so I had to add one to the branch.  It made me think of spring; I therefore found a saying to go along. 

I've seen "Big Eyes" made in different colors; I want to try that next.  I think it will be lots of fun.

 For the second card, I used "Newspaper Eiffel Tower", also by Hero Arts.  Not only is the newsprint popular, but it seems like every stamp company released Eiffel Tower stamps this year.  I paired the white embossed background stamp with the butterfly thank you stamp from the "Greetings" set.  I colored the butterfly with Copics and layered a second butterfly over the image and raised the wings.  (Both butterflies are colored.)  I also distressed the cream card stock with Antique Linen.  I think the romantic in me is daydreaming and enjoying Paris!

Stay warm and think spring........it'll be here soon!
              ~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment