Monday, May 13, 2013

A Pair of His and Her Cards

I have been wanting to use this pretty Hero Arts/Sizzix medallion embossing folder.  Last week I dreamt of elements of this card; probably because I was on Pinterest late at night.  When I woke up, I knew that I wanted to use my Cheery Lynn butterfly die and sand the Hero Arts card stock.  (This card stock has a white core and when you sand it, the white comes through.)


I then challenged myself.  I wanted to use the same embossing folder and card stock and create a masculine version of this card.


Butterflies and cursive font tend to be more feminine, so I used the Hero Arts Alphabet die set and cut out the word "happy".  I then found a bold font for birthday (a Hero Arts stamp) and stamped and embossed it in white.  I used a Nellie Snellen set of star dies and attached it to the card.


                                                  Here are the two cards side by side. 

Now, this brings me to another class - His and Her Cards!  You will create 3 sets of cards, one female version and male version, using either the same supplies, or same sketch, etc.  This will be a fun class with lots of tips for you to stretch your supplies and think outside the box.  We always have a harder time creating a card for our male friends and this class will get you out of that rut!  Join us on Thurs, May 30 at 1PM or on Saturday, June 22 at 11AM.  Call and pre-register for the class and save $3.

Looking forward to seeing you in class!
                        ~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment