Friday, May 3, 2013

May Flowers

It's May, it's May, the merry month of May!  And I always think of flowers and Camelot!  Remember the fun song with all the maidens dancing?  It always puts a smile on my face.

I just love Julie Andrews' voice, but when I think of Camelot,  I also reminisce of my daughter's high school production of it.  I was at awe when I saw it; Rachel Waldren was wonderful as Guenevere, JJ Hansen was King Arthur and Greg Biccum was Sir Lancelot.  Their voices were awesome!  The WHOLE production was just FANTASTIC; you couldn't believe that it was a high school production!  I know that Maria must be smiling while reading this! (Or at least I hope so.)  I also can't believe  that it was more than 10 years ago!  Which reminds me, I better send out the video tape to have it digitized!  Well, enough of reminiscing, and let me tell you about today's card.


I went through my large envelope of stamped images that I have already colored or partially colored.  It was time to put a card together!  And since the weather has been so nice, I pulled out this pretty image from Impression Obsession.  I was drawn to the pretty umbrella and the old fashioned flower cart.  I used Copics to color the image and I paper pieced the umbrella.  I added two layers of foam tape to the center of the umbrella and then adhered the ends straight to the card.  This gave the umbrella a realistic curved look.  Since the image is so large, I just layered it onto a pretty Spellbinders rectangle and added some die cut flowers, flourishes, and butterfly for some depth and interest.

Thanks for walking down memory lane with me and I hope it gave you some inspiration to create some "flower" cards!

Looking forward to seeing you and your creations!
                     ~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment