Friday, May 9, 2014

A Peaceful Garden

Happy Friday Everyone!
Recently I was asked to create a special Mother's Day card for someone.  Pat wanted it to be a 3-D Pop up card in a box so that her mom could display it on her desk and enjoy it year round.

Pat told me that her mom's favorite color is purple;  her mom loves flowers and old fashioned hearts and she doesn't like butterflies, birds nor any insects.  So right away I felt a bit challenged since whenever I need to fill a space, I just stick a butterfly or bird on it!  LOL!

I went to work by thinking what design I could come up with.  I also flipped through my dies and saw the pretty lattice garden trellis that I haven't used yet and thought I just have to use it.  I was so glad that the width of the trellis fit perfectly into the box!  What luck!!!

And so I started to put the scene together.  I said it before and I'll say it again, it is so much fun building the scene and watching it grow.  I decided to have the flowers go up the trellis as well as some behind it and even attached some to the back of the box to give it more depth.   Pat also told me that her mom likes cats and so I added a cat to the scene.

I was so happy when Pat picked up the card today and she was very pleased.  She said I truly captured her mom.  How wonderful!

Supplies used:
Dies:  Cheery Lynn - grass border, flourish leaf strip, baby's breath flower kit, cuties 2
          Impression Obsession - clouds, sun & moon, tiny flowers, leafy branch, cat set
          Marianne Craftables - garden trellis
          Nellie Snellen multi frame dies MFD 022, MFD 020
Stamps: Just Rite
Other:  Stickles, Copic markers

Thanks so much for "stamping" by
and have a wonderful weekend celebrating Mother's Day!
                                 ~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment