Monday, August 15, 2016

Christmas Joy

Happy Monday!
Hope you are enjoying the summer and it's not too humid where you are!  We've been having a heat wave and the humidity has been horrible!  I don't remember when it was this bad.  Yesterday was better and I think it will improve slowly.  (I can't complain too much though, since I do hate the winter cold and snow!)

So, thinking about winter, I'd like to share with you a Christmas card I made and used in a class this past weekend.  I got the inspiration from Sue Wilson, the designer of the Joy die!  I saw the card she made with this die and I just fell in love with this color scheme; cream and gold is such an elegant look!  You can see Sue's creation HERE.

Sue Wilson's cards are actually beautiful pieces of art because she makes the cards quite large; usually 5X5 or 6X6.  My card is a regular A2 size card.  I didn't have a large nativity star die and so I went with the bells.  I also added micro-fine glitter to the edges and lots of stickles to the "snow" on the card.  I am really pleased with the way it turned out.


Now, Kittie Caracciolo is another talented designer and if you go to HER BLOG, you can see this die set used in the traditional red and green color scheme; very simple, yet also elegant.

This die was released in the winter of 2014, (and I finally used it! Yay!) I am happy to inform you that it is still available!  Please let me know if you want to reserve it for yourself!

Supplies used:
Dies:    Sue Wilson, Joy, Impression Obsession small Christmas charms, and small pine branches
Other:  Sizzix/Hero Arts "Snow" embossing folder, Micro fine glitter in Sahara, stickles

Thanks so much for stopping by,
       ~Anna

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog (in a roundabout way through Pinterest) and I want to invite you to join our Facebook group. Parchment Craft USA is the name of my site and also the Facebook group. We are all beginners and I'm sure you could be an asset! I want to spend more time on your blog when I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete