Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Simple Birthday Cupcakes

Happy Wednesday!

Here are two birthday cards I made over this past weekend.  And literally, the stickles was drying on the second card while I jumped into the shower to get ready for the 50th party I was going to!!! LOL


I needed to make the card for a friend's 50th birthday and I thought that I was finally going to use my "tool" dies, BUT that didn't happen. The week flew by and I didn't even start with pulling the colors together. So, on Friday I decided to make a cupcake card after a browsed Pinterest over the past few days. Next our Matushka left me a message and was hoping that a had an extra card lying around for our Bishop's birthday!  I had to laugh..........as everyone knows that I have A LOT of sample cards, but not to use. Just like the shoemaker's kids not having shoes, I'm the card maker with no cards! LOL.   But I couldn't say no, I mean it was for the Bishop and I truly felt honored that Matushka thought of me. So, I told her that I did have pieces cut for a birthday card that only needed to be put together. Or since I was planning to make Bill's card in the morning, and if I liked the way it was developing, I would make another card at the same time.

Well, as you can see, I ended up making two cupcake cards! I would have loved to have made a more elaborate card for the Bishop, plus at least a 5X7 card, so that it would be big enough for everyone to sign, BUT time just didn't let that happen.

As I was creating the card, I really liked it; it is so cute!  Matushka loved it and I was very thankful!

 
 
Here are close ups; you can see the detail of the embossing folder.  

 
 
As you know, I'm so in love with the teal color combo. Also, notice that I only used strips of teal card stock underneath the saying; a great way to save on colored card stock! 
 
Lastly, the bit of stickles on the frosting and candle was just enough to make everything pop!
 
I know I will be using this layout again; it's simple, cute and pretty fast! You can make several of these pretty quickly!
 
 
Supplies used:
 
     Dies:      Marianne Creatables Cupcake die (it includes the candle and two different cupcake frostings)
     Embossing folder:     Cuttlebug Birthday Sayings
     Stamps:    Hero Arts Birthday sayings clear set
     Other:      Stickles and gems
 
 
Thanks so much for "stamping" by!
               ~Anna
 


No comments:

Post a Comment