Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy Birthday America!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Wishing you a wonderful and safe holiday weekend!

Today, I have a an appropriate card for the holiday! Being a New York girl, I love this Statue of Liberty die from The Frantic Stamper. When my friend Sue Speck sent me a card using it a few years ago, I had to get it.  Here’s a link to Sue’s blog and her card! She did a fabulous job with the die!  http://acardsmith.blogspot.com/search?q=Statue+of+Liberty+

So, I got inspired with Sue’s card and I started by cutting out 3 navy statutes and 3 silver. I was going to do what Sue did with Miss Liberty.; layer the silver over the navy and paper piece the navy pieces into the die cut. But I first placed the navy die on white paper and noticed how pretty it looked. So, I went a different direction. I decided to mat my navy die on white card stock and use the silver one on navy card stock! I then followed Jennifer McGuire’s advice of always to try to make multiple cards at the same time! And I was able to make 6 cards, basically at one time!

Here are my results:




I’m not sure which one I like better; the white background or the navy. But I think both came out well, and I got 6 for the thought of one card design! Thanks Sue (http://acardsmith.blogspot.com/ ) for your inspiration!

The inside was pretty quick, since happy is one die; also from The Frantic Stamper. And July 4 was also pretty easy, since the alphabet die I have cuts the whole alphabet at one time. Since none of the letters repeat, I only had to cut 6 alphabets. I also have lots of navy letters left for a future project.

Well, that’s it ladies.
Again, have a wonderful and safe 4th and see you soon!
~Anna

1 comment:

  1. What a treat to find myself something of a guest on your blog! And how wonderful to read that I've inspired you in some way . . . it's nice to find I've been artistically useful! Both your cards look terrific - I like either version and think you've used Lady Liberty extremely well. LOVE what you did with the message: it's informal but still with impact. Happy Fourth to one and all!

    ReplyDelete