Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Lavender Birthday Card

Last week a group of friends celebrated Soni’s birthday. She is such a special friend and person and during these difficult and trying times we had to do something! And so we ordered lunch at a great organic place that makes fabulous sandwiches, picked up our order and had a wonderful lunch out on Soni’s deck —— with fresh air and physical distancing! It was a beautiful afternoon!

Here is the card I made for Soni. I had used the Altenew Lavender color layering stamp set. It also comes with a matching die.  I’m starting quite a collection of flower layering stamp sets yet this is the  very first card I actually made! The basic design of the card is from a class I held several years ago, and the background design is from the famous Kittie C.



I must say that I am very pleased with the way it turned out. even though I had to fussy cut the flowers! Yes, I do have the die, but the flower part and the stem is all one die. When I stamped the flower, I placed the stem where I thought it looked good. When it was time to use the die, the flower part matched up with the die, but the stem was off, slightly!!! So, I thought, great, why did I buy the die when I can’t match up the stamped image with the die. Well, I did learn from Soni how to solve that problem and I will post the solution with pictures within the next few days. Meanwhile, I hope you find inspiration from the flowers around you, especially this time of the year, and create some beautiful flower cards! Flower cards are perfect for any occasion!

Oh yes, the second photo is a close up of glitter! What else from the Glitter Queen!

Thanks for “stamping” by,
~Anna

2 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous card for sure! Really love the creamy beige with the lavender. I'm certain that Soni felt very loved when she got it. Am so looking forward to the non-matching die solution . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue! And I guess it was the lighting that made the card look cream. It was plain, white card stock.im trying to set some time aside to try out Soni’s technique. I also want to take some pictures so you will be able to see it.

      Delete