Thursday, June 11, 2020

Hello Everyone!

Surprise! Yes, I’m back! You know how life just happens?
As you know, I have closed my shop, The Creative Corner. I miss the excitement of getting new product and sharing it with my customers! Yet, it was time to take a break. And so I took time off and regenerated!  I have always kept thinking about creating new card designs. I have created s few cards, but it was few and far in between.  I am ready now to go full steam ahead..........well maybe  not truly full steam ahead.........but at least more than a card every few months!

Let me post a birthday card I mailed my daughter last month.


Maria and I are both dog lovers and when I saw this die from Frantic Stamper, I knew I had to own it!


Here, you can see that I cut several of the die and layered them to give them dimension.  It sort of reminds me of chip board when enough layers are glued together.

At first I tried coloring the die cut, and it came out just okay. So I put it aside and had to think of another idea. 

Black and white with a pop of red color came to mind and I decided to run with it. I decided to raise the girl and the dog to give the card dimension. I learned this technique and idea a long time ago from Jennifer McGuire! Haven’t used it in awhile though. Just cut a bunch of the die and glue the die cuts together! It gives it a nice thickness, similar to chip board. Lastly, I added stickles because we know we always need a bit of glitter in our lives! The stickles really made the card pop! All in all I was pleased with the outcome! And I have to say Maria loved her birthday card!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Looking forward to posting more creations! 
~Anna





No comments:

Post a Comment