Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Masculine Birthday Card

Good morning and I hope you are well. Today I have a masculine birthday card to share with you.

About two weeks ago or so, Ecstasy Crafts had their Virtual Open House.  Soni and I used to attend their real Open Houses in the past. They were always so much fun! I would also bring back so much inventory and many new ideas to share with my customers. This year, because of the pandemic, they still held their spring open house, but it was a virtual one.

We were able to do the make and takes by first buying the make and take kit and then tuning in on line and follow along with Katrina! It was a lot of fun and very informative.

One of the cards was a masculine card.  Here is the that card:


It’s a great card for any man in your life. Unfortunately, as I was putting my card together, I ruined the saying. (You see, the saying was a bit delicate, and when I was taking it off the adhesive sheet, I stretched the saying and couldn’t put it back together). So, I had to think of another way to complete my card.  I looked through my stamps and dies and came across a wonderful pennant die (by Marianne). I was thrilled because I thought it would work and I haven’t used that die yet, even though I had it for about 2 years! LOL

I also thought it would be great to personalize it and I looked at my alphabet dies and found one that fit perfectly!  Now here is my version of the design:



I was very pleased with the way it turned out. Like they say, there are no mistakes in art, just happy changes!  This is also a great way to personalize a card. And if the person’s name is too long, think of using Dad with a heart in the last triangle. Or maybe a nickname you have for that special guy. I would use Tato, which means father in Ukrainian. Perfect for Father’s Day. Wish I could send my Tato one. I truly miss him so since he passed in 2018.

Now, being the Glitter Queen I am, the second picture tried to show the stickles I added to the glass and the oranges.

Hope you’re having a wonderful day!
Enjoy Father’s Day and see you soon!
~Anna




No comments:

Post a Comment