Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Love those Hummingbirds

I love to sit out on my back deck and watch the hummingbirds find their way to my feeder.  It always amazes me that these tiny birds know where the food is and find it within a day of hanging the sweet nectar after a long winter!  Just think, not being around for all those months and yet they find the feeder within a day or two!!!  Truly amazing!  And the sound the wings make - I remember the first time I heard it, I thought a huge bee was buzzing around!  Beautiful Mother Nature!

You can see pictures I was able to capture of these beautiful birds HERE.

Therefore, once I saw this new flower sprig die from Leane Creatief, I knew I could use it with the pretty small hummingbird from Dee!  And I have to say I love the way it came out -- such a happy card, full of spring and color (after this long and very cold winter).



I used mulberry paper for the wings to give it a light and feathery look.  I know you all have at least one or two huge sheets of mulberry paper stashed away from days ago and now you can pull it out and use it for bird feathers!  Love it when we use our old stash!

The overall size of the card is approximately 6 inches round and by using the envelope punch board, you can make a nice, one of a kind envelope for this special card.

Supplies Used:
Dies:  Dee's Distinctively Small hummingbird left,  
           Leane Creatief Lea'bilities flower sprig,
           Marianne Craftables Passe partout - oval
          Spellbinders Grand decorative circles and classic nesting circles
Embossing folder:  8 1/4" X 12" dots embossing folder
Other:  Viva Decor pearl pen, Stickles


Thanks so much for stopping by!
               ~Anna




No comments:

Post a Comment